ႏႈတ္ခြန္းဆက္စကား

ႏႈတ္ခြန္းဆက္စကား

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Tenses


TENSES
Present Simple
Form
I, we, You, They
   V1
He, She, It
   Vs,es
Use
1.    အျမဲမွန္ကန္တဲ့ ျဖစ္ရပ္
2.    အေလ့အထ
Adverbs of frequency
always, usually, often, frequently, sometimes, occasionally, rarely, seldom, hardly ever, never
3.    ေဖာ္ျပခ်က္ (statement)၊  အခ်က္အလက္ (fact)၊ ပုံမွန္ျဖစ္ေနလုပ္ေနက်ကိစၥ(routine) ၊ အခ်ိန္ဇယား (time-table)
Examples
1.    Mother always gets up at five.
2.    He usually goes to school on foot.
3.    It takes the earth one day to rotate one time.
4.    There are three seasons in our country.
5.    The train leaves at 6:30.

Present Continuous
Form
I
  am

  V-ing
We, You, They
  are
He, She, It
  is
Use
1.    အခုေျပာေနခ်ိန္မွာ ျဖစ္ေနတာကို ေျပာခ်င္ရင္
2.    နီးကပ္တဲ့ အနာဂတ္မွာ ျဖစ္မွာကို ေျပာခ်င္ရင္ (စီစဥ္ျပီး၊ ဆုံးျဖတ္ျပီးသားကိစၥ)
Examples
1.    Don’t disturb me. I am working.
2.    Hurry up. We all are waiting for you.
3.    We are reading this book now.
4.    I’m going to Mandalay tomorrow morning.
5.    We are playing tennis this afternoon.

Present Perfect
Form
I, We, You, They
have
V3
He, She, It
has
Use
1.    လုပ္ျပီးတာ
2.    လုပ္ဖူးတာ
(ဘယ္အခ်ိန္ဆိုတာ မပါ။ ပါရင္ past)
ဒါေတြနဲ႔ တြဲသုံးႏိုင္တယ္ >> just, already, yet
3.    အတိတ္ကစျပီး ခုခ်ိန္ထိျဖစ္တာ
for + ၾကာခ်ိန္
since + စတင္ခ်ိန္
Examples
1.    I have just written an essay.
2.    She has already cooked the dinner.
3.    He has not repaired the windows yet.
4.    I have been to Mandalay.
5.    I have lived in Maubin since I was born.
6.    They have been in Bago for two weeks.

Present Perfect Continuous
Form
I, We, You, They
have been + V-ing
He, She, It
has been + V-ing
Use
အတိတ္ကစျပီး ခုခ်ိန္ထိျဖစ္ေနတာကို ေျပာရင္
(know, understand, realize, like, dislike, hate, love, want, wish စတဲ့ verb ေတြကို -ing ပုံစံမသုံး)

Examples
1.    I have been living here since my childhood.
2.    She has been doing the housework since the morning.

Past Simple
Form
I, We, You, They
He, She, It
V2
Use
အတိတ္မွာ ျပီးျပတ္တဲ့ ျဖစ္ရပ္ကို ေျပာခ်င္ရင္
yesterday, last week, ago, in 1985, this morning
Examples
1.    He came here yesterday.
2.    Father bought a new car last week.
3.    My brother was born in 1996.
4.    I met your mother at the market this morning.

Past Continuous
Form
We, You, They
  were
V-ing
I, He, She, It
  was
Use
       အတိတ္မွာ လုပ္ေနဆဲ၊ ျဖစ္ေနဆဲကို ေျပာခ်င္ရင္
When S V2 …. S was, were + V-ing
While S was, were + V-ing …. S V2
Examples
1.    When father arrived home, mother was cooking the dinner.
2.    What were you doing at 2 o’clock yesterday afternoon?
3.    I was having lunch with my friend.
4.    While the children were playing, it started to rain.


Past Perfect
Form
I, We, You, They
He, She, It
had + V3
Use
အတိတ္က ျဖစ္ရပ္ႏွစ္ခုအနက္ အရင္ျဖစ္တဲ့ ျဖစ္ရပ္ကိုေျပာခ်င္ရင္
Examples
1.    When father came home, mother had cooked the dinner.
2.    I went to him this afternoon. He had already bought the tickets.
3.    I had just written down the answer when the time was up.
4.    No sooner had she hung the clothes than it began to rain.

Future Simple
Form
I, We, You, They
He, She, It
will + V1
Use
1.    အနာဂတ္မွာ ျဖစ္မွာကို ေျပာခ်င္ရင္
2.    If ပါတဲ့ ဝါက်မွာ ျဖစ္ႏိုင္ေခ်ကို ေျပာခ်င္ရင္
Examples
1.    It will rain this afternoon.
2.    The guest will arrive this evening.
3.    If you work hard, you will get a prize.
4.    If she receives my message, she will call me.

Future Perfect
Form
I, We, You, They
He, She, It
will have + V3
Use
          အနာဂတ္မွာ ျပီးစီးေနမွာကို ေျပာခ်င္ရင္

Examples
1.    This time next year, I will have written another book.
2.    By the end of this month, they will have built the bridge.


Practice
Write the correct tense of the verbs given in brackets. Write down only the answers.
1.    “What you (look) at?” “This picture. Don’t you like it?”
2.    You always (interrupt) me!
3.    You (see) the article about me in the paper this morning.
4.    He (lie) on the sofa and (fall) asleep.
5.    When my car (break) down, I (phone) a garage.
6.    “I (enjoy) my childhood.” “Yes, you (say) that three times already!”
7.    The troops (enter) the city and they now (protect) the relief of workers.
8.    Years ago, she (appear) in all the big concert halls of Europe, but recently, she only (sing) in the USA.
9.    Quick! There (be) an accident. Phone the hospital. The accident (happen) when that red car (shoot) out of the side street without warning.
10. Although we (be) in this village six years so far, we (not get) to know many people yet. But our next neighbours (be) very helpful when we first (move) in.
11. After the gardener (sweep) up the leaves, he burnt them.
12. At 8 o’clock last night I (read) an interesting book when the light (go) out.
13. He (hurt) his ankle while he (play) football.
14. The star (perform) at the Indoor Stadium tomorrow.
15. If I don’t (do) well in my exams this year, my mother won’t (allow) me to visit friends in Europe.
16. Mosquitoes (be) harmful insects. They (suck) our blood and (spread) diseases.
17. The clock has stopped. They (not wind) it up since last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

အျပဳသေဘာေဆာင္ေသာမွတ္ခ်က္မ်ားကိုၾကိဳဆိုပါတယ္ခင္ဗ်ာ